Fundamentals of Enterprise-Wide IT Architecture Management
Fundamentals of Enterprise-wide IT Architecture Management
|Module number||IIS-57030 — together with the Case Study Seminar|
About the course
The lecture “Fundamentals of Enterprise-wide IT Architecture Management” contains five major sections:
- Business Process (Management)
- Data Standards and Process Standards
- SOA and Webservices
- Business-IT Alignment
- IT Service Management
- Implementation of Big Data Systems
Hence, the course has a strong focus on technical, especially architectural elements of a companies’ IT. Additionally, students are confronted with scientific literature dealing with the lectures’ content blocks. In groups, students have to deal with high-impact journal articles and learn to work with such content.
The course consists only of ONLINE lectures for self study. Videos will be provided and the students are able to watch the videos via Studon.
- know about the major differences of process and workflow management
- know about the main models of IT Service Management and Business-IT Alignment
- can understand the impact of Big Data Technologies on Value Creation
- can develop a proof of concept for a Big Data use case
- can assess and implement different types of Big Data Systems
- can explain the major differences of automated communication concepts like EDI, XML and EDIFCAT
- can assess process standardization in different environments
Please note that this semester, we use ONE REGISTRATION for both (MEITA-Lecture and CSS) lectures/the whole module.
The maximum number of participants is 32 students, since the lecture is coupled with the Case Study Seminar.
Enrollment for MEITA: Via Studon between 10.4.2023 starting 8:00 and 16.04.2023 ending 23:55.
Registrations by 12.04.2023 – 13:00 will have the equal opportunities to participate.
Kick-Off will be announced on StudOn.