Fundamentals of Enterprise-Wide IT Architecture Management
Fundamentals of Enterprise-wide IT Architecture Management
About the course
The lecture “Fundamentals of Enterprise-wide IT Architecture Management” contains five major sections:
- Business Process (Management)
- Data Standards and Process Standards
- SOA and Webservices
- Business-IT Alignment
- IT Service Management
- Implementation of Big Data Systems
Hence, the course has a strong focus on technical, especially architectural elements of a companies’ IT. Additionally, students are confronted with scientific literature dealing with the lectures’ content blocks. In groups, students have to deal with high-impact journal articles and learn to work with such content.
The course consists only of ONLINE lectures for self study. Videos will be provided and the students are able to watch the videos via Studon.
- know about the major differences of process and workflow management
- know about the main models of IT Service Management and Business-IT Alignment
- can understand the impact of Big Data Technologies on Value Creation
- can develop a proof of concept for a Big Data use case
- can assess and implement different types of Big Data Systems
- can explain the major differences of automated communication concepts like EDI, XML and EDIFCAT
- can assess process standardization in different environments
Please note that this semester, we use ONE REGISTRATION for both (MEITA-Lecture and CSS) lectures/the whole module.
The maximum number of participants is 32 students, since the lecture is coupled with the Case Study Seminar.
Enrollment for MEITA: Via Studon between 12.04.2021 starting 12:00 by 19.04.2021 ending 23:55.
Registrations until 12.04.2021 at 1:00 p.m. have the same chance to participate in the course.
Due to the current situation, the kick-off lecture for MEITA will be provided as a video via Studon. After registration and admission, the kick-off lecture must be watched by April 16th.
Room: LG 0.225